Also available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google, and everywhere you get podcasts.
This talk continues our experience of the Second Week, exploring the public ministry of Jesus and the relationships he formed with the people he served. It focuses on the question, “What do you want?” By engaging in imaginative prayer, we will explore more deeply who the person of Jesus was as a minister, and how in relationship with him we come to receive the abundant grace that God offers us. This episode will also explore a key meditation in the Spiritual Exercises – The Two Standards – and help us consider how we can align ourselves more fully to Jesus and his call – the call to follow him in his way of serving the world.
- Mark 10:46-52
- Mark 5:21-42
- Mark 2:1-12
- Mark 6:34-44
- Matthew 14:22-33
- John Monroe on The Two Standards
Points for reflection:
- What do you truly desire in your life? How do you invite God to share in that desire?
- Who is Jesus as a minister? How did he treat the people who came to him for help? And, who in my life best exemplifies Jesus?
- In what ways am I deepening my friendship with Jesus?
- In what ways do I struggle to follow the way of Jesus?