It’s back to school time, and Ryan Duns has The Jesuit Guide to Starting College ready to greet new freshman — if you know any new freshmen, toss the link their way.
Hey, maybe there’s a market here: James Martin has The Jesuit Guide to (Almost) Everything. We can start doing “subject-area” guides: The Jesuit Guide to … Cooking … or Technology … or Poetry … or Sarcasm. Any other ideas? Post them on our Facebook wall or tweet them at us.
As summer comes to a close, here’s a guide to the last week at TJP:
- We celebrated Labor Day with a poem from Walt Whitman
- Joe Simmons wondered why it’s so hard to sit in his room alone (without reaching for his iPhone)
- Perry Petrich has a two-fer:
- Tim O’Brien has another question: Can I smoke in church? Okay, there might be some deeper ones in there too
- We know Jesus didn’t look like Mr. Potato-Head — but how should we picture him? Jeff Sullivan has some suggestions.
- And if Matt Spotts closes out our summer with another question: what good is listening?
Whether you’re ready for fall or still hanging on to summer, we hope you’re ready for another week of TJP.