Every summer seems to be defined by some catchy pop song that gets stuck in everyone’s head; here at TJP, Michael Rossmann pushes finding God in all things to new frontiers with “Bad Pop, Good God” — check it out, and let us know what pop music you’ll be praying with.
- If Rossmann can rescue bad pop to say something about God, Quang Tran’s going to one-up him in his TJP debut: on what celebrity gossip tells us about ourselves
- Appropriately for the Fourth of July, we celebrated the USA, with Tim O’Brien reflecting on how saying “Hi” reveals the American character, and a prayer from John Carroll
- On other matters American, Michael Rozier pointed us at a few resources “worth reading” to understand and contextualize the Supreme Court decision on health care reform
- Ryan Duns is back with the third installment in his How to Be Atheist series (here are part 1 and part 2)
- How is a YouTube video like an Ignatian meditation? Because both can preach the gospel, says Sam Sawyer
- Brendan Busse asks one of the questions that really matters: What is it like to be you?
We may not be as catchy as a summer pop tune, but we’re glad you’re finding TJP a place to return to — and so we’ll be back, next week as always, with the week in review.